Cheri Leavy visits with fellow UGA grads to talk beauty, style, gameday, and more!
Name: Gee Gee Collins
Hometown: Alpharetta, Ga.
Current Town: Minneapolis, Minn.
What Years at UGA: 1994-1998
School/Degree: BFA Studio Art
Describe Athens in three words: Best town ever!
Fave bars and restaurant in Athens: Last Resort Grill, The Georgia Bar (a past fave)
Fave shops in Athens: Wuxtry Records
Fave Athens landmark: The 40 Watt Club
Describe your typical Bulldog game day: Full day of food, drink, football, friends and fun! I worked at a restaurant back in the day“Steverino’s” on Lumpkin Street. We would all end up there late night for pizza and wings.
Fave lipstick: Charlotte Tillbury’s “Amazing Grace” is my go to shade of red.
Fave mascara: Julep. Love just about everything from this brand but especially the mascara “length matters.”
Fave skin care line: Neostrata
Fave hair product: Bumble and Bumble“brilliantine”
Product you can’t live without: Cle’ de peau stick concealer
Best budget buy product: Nivea Creme in the blue jar.
Best product splurge: La Mer face cream
Fave fashion designer: Josep Font creative director at Del Pozzo.
Fave interior designer: Kristin @Thehuntedinterior. Love her style.
Fave jeans: AG “cigarette leg”
Fave tee: James Perse casual t-shirt
Fashion idol: Ralph Lauren
Fave flower: Orchid
Fave accessory: Simon Sebag hammered earrings
Fave stationery: Connor’s stationery is an indulgence with each handstamped with one of Barney’s New York signature icons.
Who inspires you? My mother who is also and artist and my father who took up painting at the young age of 87.
Fave blog: Holly Phillips: The English Room.
Fave instagram: Rated Modern Art @ratedmodernart
Fave magazine: Food and Wine and Garden and Gun
Fave book: The Paris Wife
Fave song: Love some old R.E.M, (Finest Worksong), a favorite for years!
Fave artist: That is a hard one. Matisse, Picasso , Frank Kline, Rothko, Motherwel…
SHARE A TAILGATE RECIPE:
Hot Roast Beef Party Sandwiches
• 1/2 cup fnely chopped walnuts
• 2 (9.25-oz.) packages dinner rolls
• 2/3 cup peach preserves
• 1/2 cup mustard-mayonnaise blend
• 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef, chopped
• 1/2 pound thinly sliced Havarti cheese
• Salt and pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Heat walnuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, fve to six minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
3. Remove rolls from packages. (Do not separate rolls.) Cut rolls in half horizontally, creating one top and one bottom per package. Spread preserves on cut sides of top of rolls; sprinkle with walnuts. Spread mustard-mayonnaise blend on cut sides of bottom of rolls; top with roast beef and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover with top halves of rolls, preserves sides down, and wrap in aluminum foil.
4. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice into individual sandwiches. Serve immediately
FOR CHERI’S RECENT GEORGIA GIRLS POSTS with UGA ALUMNAE – click here
FOR CHERI’S RECENT PROUST Q&As with UGA ALUMNI – click here
FOR CHERI’S RECENT POSTS on THE SOUTHERN C – click here