Georgia Basketball Game Notes
Georgia (8-4) vs. No. 3 Tennessee (11-1)
Saturday, January 5 at 3:30 p.m. ET
Thompson-Boling Arena (21,678) in Knoxville, Tenn.
Watch: SEC Network (Mike Morgan, play-by-play; Dane Bradshaw, analyst)
Listen: Georgia Bulldog Sports Network Flagship: WSB AM 750 Atlanta; XM: 383; Internet: 974. (Scott Howard, play-by-play; Chuck Dowdle, analyst; Tony Schiavone, producer)
The Starting 5…
• Georgia has already sold out 7 games this season, the most sellouts for the Bulldogs since they had 8 during the 2002-03 season.
• Nicolas Claxton is the only SEC player to lead his team in points, boards, assists, blocks & steals in a game this season…and he’s done it twice.
• Derek Ogbeide enters the Tennessee game two rebounds shy of catching No. 11 Trey Thompkins among UGA’s career leaders.
• UGA’s bench has outscored it counterparts in 11 games, with nine of those being by +10 or more. UGA’s bench has a +191 scoring margin.
• UGA’s coaching staff sports a combined 80 seasons of D-I experience (Crean-28, Scott-27, Dollar-23, Abdur-Rahim-12) with 38 postseason bids
The Opening Tip
Georgia christens the 2019 and SEC portions of its schedule with a bang on Saturday, traveling to Knoxville to face No. 3 Tennessee, the defending SEC co-Champions.
In fact, the Bulldogs will venture to the league’s defending co-Champs during the first two weekends of SEC play. Georgia will take on Auburn next Saturday on The Plains.
Series History With The Vols
Tennessee owns a 94-61 advantage in the all-time series between the Bulldogs and Volunteers, including a 57-16 edge in Knoxville.
UGA and UT split two meetings last season, with each team winning on its home floor. Tennessee’s win in Knoxville in the regular-season finale snapped a five-game winning streak in the series by Georgia.