Sophomore right-hander Robert Tyler will get the baseball Friday in the season opener at 5:05 p.m., while junior left-hander Ryan Lawlor will start Saturday at 4:05 p.m. and junior right-hander David Sosebee will go on Sunday at 1:05 p.m. All three games will be televised on SEC Network Plus and carried on the Georgia Bulldog Sports Radio Network.
A native of Cordele, Ga., Tyler earned Freshman All-America honors in 2014 after posting a 6-4 mark and 2.68 ERA in 12 starts. On Tuesday, he was named to the preseason watch list for the USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award. The award is presented in June to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
Lawlor, a native of Savannah, Ga., made a team-high 14 starts in 2014 and went 4-6 with a 4.22 ERA. Sosebee, a native of Cleveland, Ga., finished in the rotation last year, making five starts and compiling a 1-4 mark and 3.12 ERA.
Meanwhile, the Panthers have set their rotation too. Junior right-hander Jake Johansmeier will start on Friday followed by senior left-handers Christian Slazinik and Garrison Stenger in games two and three. Johansmeier went 3-3 with a 5.94 ERA in 14 starts for the Panthers last year. Slazinik registered a 1-2 record and a 5.70 ERA in six starts for EIU in 2014. Stenger made 17 relief appearances last year and wound up 0-5 with a 12.21 ERA in 24.1 innings.
Georgia Baseball Promotions at Foley Field For The EIU Series
- First 2,500 fans receive a Georgia Baseball Schedule Magnet.
- First 500 fans receive a Foley Field Revival lapel pin.
- Pregame: Foley Field Revival Ceremony (4:45 p.m.)
- Steve Webber (UGA Coach of the 1990 NCAA Champions) Recognition between 1st/2nd Inning
- First 750 fans receive a Georgia Baseball Valentine’s Day shirt
- Have a Catch – All fans are invited to play catch in the outfield for 30 minutes following the game.
- Show your Georgia men’s basketball ticket from the Auburn game and get a free general admission ticket to the baseball game while supplies last
- Anthem Buddies – All kids 12 and under are invited to stand with their favorite position player during the National Anthem
- Kids Run the Bases – All kids 12 and under are invited to run the bases following the game
- Postgame Autograph session – All fans are invited to the field after the game where the team will sign autographs in the dugout