Georgia (12-6, 3-4) vs. Arkansas (13-6, 3-4)
Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. ET
Stegeman Coliseum (10,523) in Athens, Ga.
Listen: Georgia Bulldog Sports Network. (Scott Howard, play-by-play; Chuck Dowdle, analyst; Tony Schiavone, Producer); (Flagship: WSB AM 750 Atlanta. Satellite: Sirius 137; XM 190)
Watch: SEC Network (Roy Philpott, play-by-play; Brooke Weisbrod, analyst)
The Starting 5…
• In stats for league games, UGA leads all Power 5 schools nationally in FG defense (.358).
• UGA has four top-50 RPI wins, which is more than 17 teams in last week’s AP poll.
• UGA was at No. 51 in Monday’s NCAA RPI, one of 10 SEC teams in the top-55.
• Yante Maten currently leads the SEC in scoring (19.6 ppg) and rebounding (9.1 rpg).
• Juwan Parker, the only DI MBB player with a master’s, is 3rd on UGA’s career FT pct. leaders list.
Dogs Host Hogs At Stegeman
A road-heavy portion of Georgia’s schedule is interrupted on Tuesday when the Bulldogs host Arkansas at Stegeman Coliseum. Georgia is in the midst of a stretch of five road outings in a seven-game span.
The Bulldogs opened that stretch with a victory at LSU last Tuesday before falling at No. 17/20 Auburn on Saturday.
Georgia slipped to 12-6 overall and 3-4 in SEC play with the setback at Auburn.
Yante Maten, who last Thursday was named to the 25-player Midseason Watch List for the Wooden Award, leads the SEC in both scoring and rebounding with averages of 19.6 points and 9.1 rebounds per game.
Maten has been a picture of consistency for the Bulldogs.
In 18 games this season, he has 17 double-figure outings, with eight double-doubles and nine 20-point performances.
Over 81 games played since the beginning of his sophomore year, Maten has produced 73 double-digit scoring performances, with 31 20-point and five 30-point outings, as well as 23 double-doubles.
William “Turtle” Jackson is the Bulldogs’ second-leading scorer overall at 9.4 ppg, with 10 double-figure games. Juwan Parker has been Georgia’s second-best point producer in SEC games at 9.0 ppg.
Arkansas sports a 13-6 overall record and a 3-4 mark in the SEC.
The Razorbacks are led offensively by Jaylen Barford, who is third in the SEC in scoring at 19.2 ppg. Daryl Macon (15.8 ppg), Daniel Gafford (12.2 ppg) and Anton Beard (10.4 ppg) also are scoring at a double-digit pace for Arkansas.
Keeping An Eye On…Entering Today’s Game Among UGA’s Career Leaders
Yante Maten is…
• 26 points from No. 7 J.J. Frazier
• 57 points from No. 6 Bob Lienhard
• 69 rebounds from No. 6 Lavon Mercer
• 14 FTs from No. 4 J.J. Frazier
• 112 FTs from No. 3 Litterial Green
• 144 FTAs from No. 3 Alec Kessler
• 72 blocks from No. 2 Charles Claxton
Series History With Razorbacks
Arkansas owns a 21-15 lead in the all-time series with the Bulldogs; however, Georgia sports a 9-5 edge here in Athens.
Last season, Arkansas defeated Georgia, 85-67, on March 4 in Fayetteville.
J.J. Frazier led Georgia with 24 points, including knocking down all 13 of his free throw attempts on the day.
Arkansas quickly pushed a one-point halftime lead to nine with 17:30 remaining, and Georgia never pulled closer than seven points thereafter. Frazier picked up his fourth foul with 15:0