Daily Dawg Thread 12 DEC 2018

Home >

Daily Dawg Thread 12 DEC 2018

Jermaine Burton (black shirt), Travon Walker (back) and Trey Sanders (grey shirt no hat) Photo By Greg Poole/Bulldawg Illustrated
Jermaine Burton (black shirt), Travon Walker (back) and Trey Sanders (grey shirt no hat) Photo By Greg Poole/Bulldawg Illustrated

 

Daily Dawg Thread

TODAY’S FEATURED PROSPECTS

 

*All rankings are according to the latest 247Sports Composite Rankings*

 

Leonard Manuel

CLASS: 2020 

POSITION: WR 

HT, WT: 6-4 200 

SCHOOL: Vanguard 

CITY, STATE: Ocala, FL

STATUS: Undecided 

# OF OFFERS:  37 offers 

UGA OFFER: Yes 

NEWS:

Leonard Manuel is a 2020 five-star wide receiver from Ocala, Florida. He’s 6-4 200 pounds. According to the latest 2020 247Sports Composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 29 overall player, the No. 5 WR and the No. 3 prospect in Florida. Manuel currently holds 37 offers with the latest coming from Ole Miss on Oct. 20. Since Sept. 1 Manuel visited Florida six times, on Sept. 1, Sept. 8, Sept.15, Oct. 6, Nov. 3 and Nov. 17. The race seems to be between the Gators and Georiga. On his 247Sports profile, Georgia holds 78 percent while Florida holds the other 22 percent. I expect Manuel to get on Campus this spring and make a decision by summer.

Highlights – 

 

 

 

Jermaine Burton

CLASS: 2020 

POSITION: WR 

HT, WT: 6-1 193 

SCHOOL: Calabasas 

CITY, STATE: Calabasas, CA

STATUS: Undecided 

# OF OFFERS:  17 offers

UGA OFFER: Yes 

NEWS:

Jermaine Burton is a 2020 four-star wide receiver from Calabasas, California. He’s 6-1 193 pounds. According to the latest 2020 247Sports Composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 74 overall player, the No. 14 WR and the No. 10 prospect in CA. Burton currently holds 17 offers with the latest coming from Penn State on May 20. On June 13 and 22 he visited Alabama for two unofficial visits. Burton was a one time Miami commit, but decided to de-commit from the Hurricanes and reopened his recruitment on May 13. He visited Georgia for G-day on April 21 as well. On his 247Sports profile,  Alabama holds 50 percent of the advantage, Miami holds 33 percent and Georgia holds the other 17 percent. Despite Miami seeming high up there for him, I think it’ll end up being a Georgia vs. Bama battle for this fast receiver. Expect him to be back on UGA’s campus this spring sometime. However, I wouldn’t expect him to commit until after his senior football season. Since he did commit and de-commit, enjoying his senior year and all the things that come with being a highly recruited player that comes with it.

Highlights –

 

 

 

 


 

share content

Author /

Savannah Leigh is a recent graduate of the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia. She is an avid SEC, Dawgs, and college football fan. She also adores her four-year-old black lab, Champ Bailey.