Daily Dawg Thread 8 DEC 2018

Home >

Daily Dawg Thread 8 DEC 2018

Darnell Wright Photo @darnell_5232 Twitter
Darnell Wright Photo @darnell_5232 Twitter

 

Daily Dawg Thread

TODAY’S FEATURED PROSPECTS

 

Evan Neal

CLASS: 2019 

POSITION: OT 

HT, WT: 6-7.5 360 

SCHOOL: IMG Academy 

CITY, STATE: Bradenton, FL 

STATUS: Undecided 

# OF OFFERS: 22 offers

UGA OFFER: Yes 

NEWS:

Evan Neal is a five-star offensive tackle from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. He’s 6-7.5 and 360 pounds. According to the latest 2019 247Sports Composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 20 overall prospect, the No. 5 OT, and the No. 3 player in Florida. Neal currently holds 22 offers with the latest coming from Ole Miss on Feb. 15. He visited Florida for an unofficial visit on March 28, FSU on April 14,  Alabama on June 1, and Miami on June 6. Neal took one final unofficial visit before starting his officials with a visit to FSU on Oct. 27. His first official visit was to Oklahoma on Nov. 10. Then he went to FSU for an OV on Nov. 16. After that Neal traveled to Alabama for an OV on Nov. 24. His fourth OV was to Miami on Nov. 30. Neal’s last official visit was to Georgia on Dec. 7. The fact that Georgia’s staff got him on campus this late in the game is huge. Neal could make things interesting if this visit goes well. Right now, Alabama holds 81 percent while Miami holds the other 19 percent. However, after this weekend, those numbers could change in favor of the Bulldogs.

Highlights – 

 

 

 

Darnell Wright

CLASS: 2019 

POSITION: OT 

HT, WT: 6-6 320

SCHOOL: Huntington

CITY, STATE: Huntington, WV 

STATUS: Undeclared 

# OF OFFERS: 23 offers 

UGA OFFER: Yes 

NEWS:

Darnell Wright is a five-star offensive tackle from Huntington, West Virginia. He’s 6-6 320 pounds. According to the latest 2019 247Sports Composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 10 overall prospect, the No. 1 OT, and the No. 1 player in WV. Wright currently holds 23 offers with the latest coming from FSU on Feb. 20. He visited Tennessee for a few unofficial visits on March 24, June 1, and Sept. 22. Wright went to UNC for an unofficial visit on April 7 and for camp on June 16. On the only open weekend in July, Wright took an unofficial visit to Alabama on July 28. He visited Penn State on Sept. 29 for an unofficial visit. Wright’s first official visit will be to Georgia on Dec. 14. Currently, Tennessee holds a 64 percent advantage while Ohio State holds a 27 percent advantage and Alabama a nine percent advantage. Don’t count the Bulldogs out just yet. Sam Pittman is hot on this one and finally got him to commit to an official visit. Keep your eyes peeled the next couple weeks surrounding this one.

Highlights –

 

 

 


share content

Author /

Savannah Leigh is a recent graduate of the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia. She is an avid SEC, Dawgs, and college football fan. She also adores her three-year-old black lab, Champ Bailey.