One of the groups we got the opportunity to watch during Friday’s opening day of Fall Camp were the OLBs. During the media viewing period, outside linebackers coach Dan Lanning instructed and worked with Adam Anderson (19), Robert Beal Jr. (33), Brenton Cox (1), Walter Grant (84), Jermaine Johnson (11), Azeez Ojulari (13), and freshman Nolan Smith (4) in a drill with the sled, simulating striking the blocker in an attempt to get leverage to as Coach Lanning says “beat the block first. You got to win the block before you make the tackle.” And yes. That is Jarvis Jones in the grey Georgia “G” t-shirt helping with the linebackers in the video below. He joined the coaching staff as a student assistant last month.
The linebackers looked good, even in just the drill. Lean and mean as they attacked and struck the sled, showing enthusiasm and focus. From the roster we were handed out at practice, here are the heights and weights as well as jersey numbers for the OLBs.
2019 BULLDAWG OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS
- Adam Anderson (19) | So. | 6-foot-5 | 225 lbs
- Robert Beal, Jr. (33) | RSo. | 6-foot-4 | 244 lbs
- Matthew Brown (24) | RFr. | 6-foot-2 | 210 lbs
- Brenton Cox ( 1) | So. | 6-foot-4 | 245 lbs
- Walter Grant (84) | Jr. | 6-foot-4 | 245 lbs
- Jermaine Johnson (11) |Jr. | 6-foot-5 | 240 lbs
- Azeez Ojulari (13) | RFr. | 6-foot-3 | 230 lbs
- Nolan Smith ( 4) | Fr. | 6-foot-3 | 230 lbs