Tuesday’s practice was hot with the heat index pushing over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, but it didn’t seem to affect the Bulldogs as they pushed through the heat.
The team seemed to respond well these last two days after Kirby Smart’s comments about the team lacking intensity during Saturday’s scrimmage at Sanford Stadium.
Here are the notes from Tuesday’s practice:
- Jake Fromm (11) and John Seter (16) were rotating first and second at QB working on the read-option. Fromm was the most impressive with a 20-yard touchdown.
- Stetson Bennett (13), D’wan Mathis (2) and Nathan Priestley (9) were throwing routes to receivers
O-LINE AND TEs
- Trey Hill (55) was taking first-team snaps at center, and Ben Clevland (74) was taking first-team reps at right guard
- Redshirt Freshman Warren Ericson was taking first and second-team snaps at center, and Cade Mays was taking second-team reps at right guard
- Graduate transfer Eli Wolf (17) was second in the rotation for tight ends
- Zamir White (3) took a couple of handoffs and looked 100 percent.
- D’Andre Swift (7) was not seen at practice during Tuesday’s media viewing period.
- George Pickens (8) and Tyler Simmons (87) had some really impressive catches
- Defensive linemen were working on footwork and Tyler Clark (52) had the most impressive footwork followed by Netori Johnson (72).
- DL David Marshall (51) was practicing today. He seemed limited from what I could see.
- CB Tyrique Stevenson was missing during Tuesday’s media viewing period as well. Head Coach Kirby Smart reported he had sustained an injury during Saturday’s scrimmage, but he was back at Monday’s practice.