The media was allowed to view practice for roughly 6 minutes on Monday. The weather was a bit cold, but head coach Kirby Smart had his team practicing outside in shells. The intensity level was definitely up today at practice, and it was evident. Here are some notes from practice:
- Tight ends coach Todd Hartley had his players coming off blocks and then catching passes off hitting a dummy.
- Todd Hartley kept yelling, “It’s motivation Monday, and we’re out here the eat!”
- Hartley yelled at Charlie Woerner that needed to hustle more, and be more aggressive when hitting his block.
- The receivers were alone downfield working on selling blocks. Then they transitioned into running routes and catching passes from the coaches.
- Demetris Robertson, George Pickens, and Lawrence Cager were all running with the first team.
- Matt Landers bobbled a ball on a fly route but came up with the catch.
- Brian Herrien was running at first string today followed by D’Andre Swift.
- The running backs were catching screen passes out of the backfield from the quarterbacks.
- Offensive lineman Justin Shaffer, who is still recovering from a sprained neck injury since the South Carolina game on October 12th, was not seen today during the media viewing period.
- Coach Tray Scott was yelling at the top of his lungs encouraging his players to strive to be better.
- Scott had the defensive line running under a chute, do an up-down, and then get up and sprint ten yards down the field.
- The linebackers were working running horizontally over obstacles, and then diving forwards on a fumbled ball.
- Jarvis Jones then had the linebackers were up in a straight line, and hit a dummy straight up.
- Jermaine Johnson looked the most impressive in both drills.
- Tyson Campbell was seen at practice today. He has been slowed down by a turf toe injury but has been practicing for several weeks.
- Sophomore inside linebacker Channing Tindall was not seen during today’s short media viewing period. Tindall did not make the trip to Jacksonville.