During the brief media viewing period, the Georgia Bulldogs were participating in drills and were running full speed today. It looked like Kirby Smart had his team preparing for their upcoming game with the Florida Gators. Some Bulldogs were already wearing some scout-team Florida jerseys. Adam Anderson was wearing the No. 7 simulating Florida outside linebacker Jeremiah Moon. Tight end Ryland Goede was playing the role of Florida’s Lucas Krull.
Here are some other notes from practice:
- Cade Mays and Ben Cleveland both got 1st team reps at right guard
- Justin Shaffer was still out as he battles a neck injury.
- The quarterbacks were throwing post routes to the receivers. Jake Fromm hit Matt Landers who bobbled the ball but came up with the catch.
- Stetson Bennett missed two receivers by overthrowing them. Nathan Priestley looked sharp as he and Trey Blount connected several times.
- The running backs were off to the side taking handoffs and running through the PowerBlast machine.
- Tyler Simmons was off to the side getting worked on, but I think it was just an equipment issue.
- Wide receiver Lawrence Cager was missing again from today’s media viewing period at practice. He is dealing with a shoulder and a ribs injury, and per Kirby, is week to week.
- There was no sign of freshman defensive lineman Travon Walker again today as he is still recovering from a wrist injury.
- Sophomore cornerback Tyson Campbell was running with the second team during drills sharing reps with Tyrique Stevenson. Campbell looks like his old self again and should return for Florida.
- Eric Stokes and D.J. Daniel were with the first team during drills.
- The defensive line was working with Tray Scott and was hitting the sleds.
- Tyler Clark and Jordan Davis were running with the first team, and followed by David Marshall and Michael Barnett.
- Justin Young was getting some valuable reps today.