Tuesday, the media was allowed to view practice for about 7 minutes. The weather was fairly cool around 80 degrees, similar to yesterday’s practice, but it was a bit cloudy with a little drizzle of rain. The team was once again in shells. Head coach Kirby Smart had his players running full speed per usual.
Here are the notes from practice:
- Solomon Kindley was at practice participating in drills, but Justin Shaffer was at still taking reps with the first group at the left guard spot.
- The quarterbacks, tight ends, running backs, and the offensive line were working with members of the defense. The defensive players were learning to read different sets.
- Jake Fromm and D’Andre Swift were running the “Read and React” drill against the defense.
- When Brian Herrien got a rep, he ran it with Stetson Bennett.
- The wide receivers were working on running comeback routes.
- Tommy Bush, Demetris Robertson, and Tyler Simmons each hauled in all of their passes.
- George Pickens and Lawrence Cager dropped their balls; although, Cager’s ball was thrown poorly by one of the assistant coaches.
- There was no sign of defensive lineman Travon Walker today during the media viewing period. He was missing from Monday’s practice as well. UGA has not disclosed if Walker is dealing with an injury or not as of yet.
- Nose tackle Jordan Davis was also not present for the second day in a row. Davis suffered an ankle injury during the first half of the Tennessee game.
- Cornerback Tyson Campbell was not seen either. Coach Smart said on Monday that he might be back sometime this week, but is unsure of when that would be. Campbell has been out since injuring his foot in the Arkansas State game back on September 14th.
- The defensive line was hitting the sleds.
- Tyler Clark, Michael Barnett, and Devonte Wyatt were in the first group of the drill.
- The cornerbacks and safeties were working off to the side, and they were backpedaling, shuffling, and then breaking to the ball.
- DJ Daniel and Eric Stokes were running with the first group, and Tyrique Stevenson and Christopher Smith were in the second.
- Senior safety J.R. Reed ran through the drill once and then sat out the next rep.
- Some of the members of the defense were working with the offense and with Coach Smart, see notes on offense above.
The Bulldogs will be back at work Wednesday afternoon as they continue to prepare for their upcoming Saturday game versus South Carolina, which is set for a 12 Noon kickoff on ESPN.