Tuesday the media got to view practice for what it seemed like an extended period of time today, and the weather was cool. The team was practicing in shells, and there were some notable players that returned to practice.
Here are some notes from practice today:
- Cade Mays (77) and Ben Cleveland (74) were working on the first team at right tackle and right guard.
- Mays then left to snap to the quarterbacks, and in his absence, Jamaree Salyer (69) got some reps at right tackle.
- There was still no sign of Isaiah Wilson (79).
- Redshirt freshman WR Kearis Jackson (10) was seen at practice today wearing a club on his left hand. Jackson also made a great one-handed catch on a pass from Jake Fromm (11).
- Fromm connected on 4 out 5 of his passes. The one pass he missed on is when he led Cameron Moore (84) too far.
- George Pickens (1) had an impressive grab from backup quarterback Stetson Bennett IV (13). Bennett then proceeded to overthrow his next two targets. He was not looking very sharp today.
- Zamir White (3) was seen at first string running back today, followed by D’Andre Swift (7). Brian Herrien (35) got a couple of reps, but looked very lethargic today.
- Adam Anderson was wearing the number 50 today representing an Arkansas State player on the scout team.
- The defensive line was hitting the sleds hard. Michael Barnett (94) and Jordan Davis (99) drove off the line but were told that they needed to hit with their shoulders level and their heads up.
- The outside linebackers were working a lot on their technique. Azeez Olujari (13) seemed to have the best form when dodging the obstacle being thrown under him and then chasing down the ball carrier.
- Head coach Kirby Smart chewed Tyson Campbell (3) out for some mistakes he was making in the drill. It looked like he was failing to perform during the drill they were running.
- DJ Daniel (14) was seen back at practice today during the media viewing period.