Today the media was allowed to view 10 minutes of practice, and the heat index was above 95 degrees.
Here are some notes from practice:
- The running backs were practicing handoffs and running through the twelve arm power-blast obstacle
- D’Andre Swift (7), Zamir White (3), and Brian Herrien (35) all ran through the drill with their heads down. Running backs coach Dell McGee reminded them of that
- Prather Hudson (24) was wearing the number 18 at practice today simulating Murray State running back Rodney Castille
- Cade Mays (77) was practicing at right guard today, and Trey Hill (56) was at center
- When the tight ends were working during position drills coach Todd Hartley was preaching to redshirt freshman Preston Mercer (44) that he needed to stay in the same blocking stance whether it was a pass or run
- The receivers and wide receivers were working together. D’Wan Mathis (2) overthrew Demetris Robertson (16). Stetson Bennett (13) threw to balls that his receivers had to adjust their routes too.
- Jake Fromm (11) delivered to beautifully thrown balls to Willie Erdman (23) and Jaylen Johnson (81)
- Defensive lineman Tramel Walthour (90) was not seen at practice again today. He might have been hurt before the Vanderbilt game.
- Adam Anderson (19) was not with the inside linebackers today, but he could have been wearing another jersey practicing as a Murray State player against the offense