John Emery Jr. Fills Georgia's Running Back Slot for 2019 class

Home >

John Emery Jr. Fills Georgia's Running Back Slot for 2019 class

John Emery commits to Georgia. Photo @Emery4____ Twitter
John Emery commits to Georgia. Photo @Emery4____ Twitter

Georgia can finally mark off its running back slot after John Emery Jr. committed Sunday evening. After a visit to Georgia’s campus, the five-star running back made his choice on where he plans on playing college football. The pledge marks the second five-star of the week after Travon Walker made his decision on Tuesday. 
According to 247Sports composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 31 overall prospect, the No. 2 running back and the No. 4 player in Louisiana. Emery Jr currently holds 16 offers with the latest coming from FSU on July 9. He took visits to Mississippi State on June 2, Alabama on June 9 and then to Athens this weekend for the west-endzone reveal. This weekend, he brought his family with him.
Emery Jr took to Twitter to make the announcement and said, “Glad to be 110% committed! #GoDawgs.”
He chose Georgia over LSU, Mississippi State, Alabama and many others. For a while, Mississippi State was thought to be the leader, however after he pushed back a July, 7 announcement.  Then, his hometown school, LSU made a big push and took the lead according to crystal ball projections on 247Sports.
 According to his 247Sports profile, LSU led with 67 percent while LSU held the other 33 percent. These numbers make his pledge to the Bulldogs even more impressive. Dell McGee showed once again how he could go out of state and get prospects to commit to the Bulldogs over their hometown schools. Emery Jr. gives Georgia another great addition to RBU.
With Emery Jr.’s pledge, the Bulldogs now have 14 commitments. The Bulldogs now have five 5-stars for the 2019 class. Georgia moved up to the No. 3 overall class and the No. 3 class in the SEC. The group continues to have the highest average rating per commitment in the country, with a 94.52 average rating.

share content

Author /

Savannah Leigh is a recent graduate of the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia. She is an avid SEC, Dawgs, and college football fan. She also adores her three-year-old black lab, Champ Bailey.