By Coby Serina and Clay Watkins
The media were invited to observe Georgia’s first scrimmage of Fall Camp earlier today. Though we were only given eight minutes to watch over individual position group warm-up drills, that’s still a great opportunity to see where the players are at and how they look in full pads.
- Dillon Bell made an impressive toe tap catch on a 10 yard out route during warm-ups, a name we should get used to. A young physically imposing WR that may find his into playing some serious minutes due to lack of depth and injuries at that position
- Dominick Blaylock looks smooth coming out of breaks, certainly showing flashes of his impressive route running ability we became accustomed to in 2019.
- Jared Wilson, redshirt freshman offensive guard, was taking reps during warm ups with the first team o-line.
- D-line depth: Jalen Carter, Zion Logue, Tramel Walthour, Bill Norton, Nazir Stackhouse, Mykel Williams, Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins, Bear Alexander, Jonathan Jefferson
- Tyke Smith was running at the back end of the safeties’ depth during warm-ups
- DBs were practicing tackling in space
- Safety depth: Chris Smith, Malaki Starks, JaCorey Thomas, Tyke Smith, Marcus Washington (David Daniel was present just not participating in this specific drill, he’d usually be second after Smith)
- Stars depth: William Poole, Dan Jackson, Javon Bullard
- Outside corner depth is young with Kelee Ringo and Kamari Lassiter leading the charge and freshman following immediately after
- Jaheim Singletary looked especially smooth in his cuts during warm-ups
- Kelee Ringo really put his agility on display during warm-ups showing he could cut on a dime
**The following observations were given to us by a reader who was present during the full length of the actual scrimmage :
- Kenny McInstosh scored a 69 yard touchdown on a draw play up the middle
- Oscar Delp made a ridiculous touchdown grab over 2 defenders
- Andrew Paul and Branson Robinson ran extremely tough and showed some impressive flashes of what could be a very physical 1-2 punch in years to come, Branson scored a touchdown and sought out contact from defenders, did not like to run out of bounds
- Stetson made a beautiful 40 yard touchdown pass on the run to a wide open Jackson Meeks
- Darnell caught a pass from Stetson early on in the scrimmage from Stetson and proceeded to run through 3 tacklers before being brought down after a gain of 35