Tymon Mitchell gives Georgia its Second DT for 2019 Class

Home >

Tymon Mitchell gives Georgia its Second DT for 2019 Class

Tymon Mitchell Photo @Tmitch1567 Twitter
Tymon Mitchell Photo @Tmitch1567 Twitter

Georgia gets its second defensive tackle for the 2019 class Thursday afternoon with Tymon Mitchell. The three-star Nashville native marks the third Tennessee prospect that the Bulldogs plucked from the Volunteer state. 
According to 247Sports latest composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 24 DT and the No. 15 prospect in Tennessee. Mitchell holds 21 offers with the latest coming from Indiana on April 26.
Mitchell visited Georgia back on March 31 and then came back for the west-end zone reveal. The visit seemed to have sealed the deal.
Georgia beat out Vandy for this 6-3 309-pound defensive tackle. On his 247Sports profile, the Bulldogs held 83 percent of an advantage while Vanderbilt holds the other 17 percent.
Mitchell announced his decision on Twitter.
“I would like to thank God for giving me the ability to be where I am today,” Mitchell said. “I would also like to thank my family and the entire FRA community for their support throughout this process. Lastly, I would like to thank all the coaches who have recruited me and helped me make this dream a reality. And without further ado, I would like to announce my commitment to THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA! GO DAWGS”
Georgia now has 19 commitments for the 2019 class. Mitchell is the Bulldogs second three-star for the class. The Bulldogs maintain their No. 1 spot in the rankings.
Check out his film below to see what the Bulldogs are getting with this defensive tackle.


share content

Author /

Savannah Leigh is a recent graduate of the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia. She is an avid SEC, Dawgs, and college football fan. She also adores her four-year-old black lab, Champ Bailey.