Redshirt freshman offensive tackle Warren McClendon has been named to the Football Writers Association of American (FWAA) Freshman All-America Team, according to an announcement on Monday.
McClendon, a native of Brunswick, Ga., started the final nine games at right tackle for the Bulldogs (8-2), who finished No. 7 in the final polls. Georgia highlighted its season with a 24-21 win over No. 8 Cincinnati in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.
McClendon graded out at 81 percent for the year and had 10 “knockdown” blocks. He allowed only seven hurries and two sacks for a 2020 Georgia team that started three different quarterbacks during the season.
A number of Bulldogs had previously earned other All-America honors:
– Junior P Jake Camarda: Walter Camp All-America Second Team, Phil Steele All-America Second Team, American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) FBS Coaches’ Second Team, Pro Football Focus (PFF) First Team All-American, FWAA All-America Second Team, AP All-America Third Team
– Senior OG Ben Cleveland: The Athletic’s All-America Second Team, AP All-America Third Team, Phil Steele All-America Fourth Team
– Junior N Jordan Davis (Charlotte, N.C.): AFCA FBS Coaches’ Second Team
– Redshirt sophomore OLB Azeez Ojulari (Marietta, Ga.): Phil Steele All-America Fourth Team
– Senior ILB Monty Rice (Huntsville, Ala.): The Athletic’s All-America Second Team
– Junior DB Eric Stokes: CBS Sports/247Sports All-America First Team, Phil Steele All-America Fourth Team