Daily Dawg Thread: 17 JULY 2018

Home >

Daily Dawg Thread: 17 JULY 2018

Alex Huntley and UGA DL coach Tray Scott. Photo @alexhuntley_ Twitter
Alex Huntley and UGA DL coach Tray Scott. Photo @alexhuntley_ Twitter

 

Daily Dawg Thread

TODAY’S FEATURED PROSPECTS

 

Alex Huntley

CLASS: 2020 
POSITION: DT 
HT, WT: 6-4 295 
SCHOOL: Hammond School
CITY, STATE: Columbia, SC 
STATUS: Undeclared 
# OF OFFERS: 7 offers 
UGA OFFER:  Yes, Nov. 5, 2017 
NEWS:
Alex Huntley is a four-star defensive tackle from Columbia, South Carolina. He’s 6-4 295 pounds. According to the latest 2020 247Sports rankings, he ranks as the No. 105 overall player, No. 5 DT and the No. 3 prospect in South Carolina. Huntley currently holds seven offers with the latest offer coming from Tennessee on April 25. Georgia offered him last November. Since then, he visited for camp on June 12. Before that, he attended South Carolina’s camp on June 7 and then went to Ohio State’s camp on June 16. Huntley’s pinned tweet is his Georgia offer. However, on his 247Sports profile, South Carolina holds 100 percent of the advantage. It’s still early for this one to make a decision, but I expect it to come down to Georgia and South Carolina. Huntley’s one to keep an eye out for in the 2020 class.
Highlights – 
 

 
 

Branard Wright

CLASS: 2020 
POSITION: DT 
HT, WT: 6-4 294 
SCHOOL: Carter High School
CITY, STATE: Dallas, Texas 
STATUS: Undeclared 
# OF OFFERS: 23 offers 
UGA OFFER:  Yes, Feb. 27, 2018
NEWS:
Branard Wright is a four-star defensive tackle from Dallas, Texas. He’s 6-4 294 pounds. According to the latest 2020 247Sports rankings, he ranks as the No. 78 overall player, the No. 4 DT and the No. 7 prospect in Texas.  Wright currently holds 23 offers with the latest coming from Ole Miss on May 16.  Oklahoma offered on May 3, TCU on April 26, Nebraska on April 24, and Clemson on April 15. He visited FSU on April 14 for an unofficial visit. Wright’s latest visited was to Texas A&M on June 13. According to his 247Sports profile, LSU holds 75 percent of the advantage while Alabama holds the other 25 percent. He hasn’t visited Georgia yet, but I expect him to this season, and maybe even to the LSU game. This recruitment is wide open and it could go anywhere right now.
Highlights – 
 

 
 
 

 


share content

Author /

Savannah Leigh is a recent graduate of the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia. She is an avid SEC, Dawgs, and college football fan. She also adores her three-year-old black lab, Champ Bailey.