Daily Dawg Thread 29 JULY 2018

Home >

Daily Dawg Thread 29 JULY 2018

Makiye Tongue Photo @makiyatongue Twitter
Makiya Tongue Photo @makiyatongue Twitter

 

Daily Dawg Thread

TODAY’S FEATURED PROSPECTS

 

Rian Davis

CLASS: 2019 
POSITION: OLB
HT, WT: 6-2.5 233
SCHOOL: Wekiva 
CITY, STATE: Apopka, Florida 
STATUS: Undeclared 
# OF OFFERS: 41 offers

UGA OFFER: Yes, March 3, 2018
NEWS:
Rian “Trouble” Davis is a four-star outside linebacker from Apopka, Florida. He’s 6-2.5 233 pounds. According to the latest 247Sports Composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 68 overall player, the No.  5 OLB and the No. 7 prospect in FL. Davis holds 41 offers with the latest coming from Michigan on June 7. Georgia offered on March 3. He took an official visit to Louisville on May 31 and Texas on June 15. Davis’s latest visit was to Georgia for the West Endzone reveal event.
On May 3, he released a top 12 and tells me he’s releasing a top 4 on June 11. His top 12 included Georgia, Houston, Louisville, Oregon, Texas, Clemson, Arizona State, Alabama, Miami, Ohio State, Indiana and NC State. Davis is a big-time prospect that Georgia should land in the next few days, if not before his football season starts.
Highlights – 
 

 

Makiya Tongue

CLASS: 2019 
POSITION: OLB/WR
HT, WT: 6-2 210 
SCHOOL: University Lab 
CITY, STATE: Baton Rouge, LA 
STATUS: Undeclared 
# OF OFFERS: 25 offers

UGA OFFER: Yes, March 20, 2018
NEWS:
Makiya Tongue is a four-star outside linebacker from Baton Rouge, Louisianna. He’s 6-2 210 pounds. According to the latest 247Sports Composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 15 ATH and the No. 13 prospect in Louisianna. Tongue currently holds 25 offers with the latest coming from Georgia Tech on May 10. Georgia offered on March 20 and since then increased its recruitment. He visited Arizona State on June 1. Then he came to Georgia on June 14. Since his visited Georgia now holds 71 percent of the advantage while Texas holds the other 29 percent. He recently took a visit to Georgia on July 28, and this could have sealed the deal. In the last 24 hours, he’s received three crystal balls to the good guys.  I expect him to commit to the G in the next few weeks if this weekend’s visited truly sealed the deal.
Highlights – 
 

 
 
 


share content

Author /

Savannah Leigh is a recent graduate of the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia. She is an avid SEC, Dawgs, and college football fan. She also adores her three-year-old black lab, Champ Bailey.