UGA Recruiting Daily 5 MAY 2018

Home >

UGA Recruiting Daily 5 MAY 2018

Nathan Pickering Photo @therealnathan22 Twitter
Nathan Pickering Photo @therealnathan22 Twitter

 

UGA Recruiting Daily Thread

TODAY’S FEATURED PROSPECTS

 

Tymon Mitchell

CLASS: 2019

POSITION: DT

HT, WT: 6-3 

SCHOOL: Franklin Road Academy

CITY, STATE: Nashville, TN 

STATUS: Undeclared 

# OF OFFERS: 20 Offers 

UGA OFFER: Yes, Dec. 21, 2017

NEWS:
Tymon Mitchell is a four-star defensive tackle from Nashville, Tennessee. He stands at 6-3 309 pounds. According to the latest 247Sports composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 23 DT and the No. 16 prospect in Tennessee. Mitchell currently holds 20 offers with the latest coming from Indiana on April 26. He attended Vanderbilt’s Junior Day on March 17. Then he went to Cal on April 9, and Tennessee on April 21.  Georgia offered him on December 21, 2017, and Mitchell visited on April 2.

According to his 247Sports profile, it appears to be between Stanford at 50 percent and Vandy at 50 percent. Georgia appears as warm on his college list, but I don’t believe the Bulldogs are that interested. However, he’s one that appears to be interested in the Bulldogs. If things change he may be one to keep an eye out for.

Highlights –

 

 

 

 

Nathan Pickering

CLASS: 2019

POSITION: SDE

HT, WT: 6-5 270

SCHOOL: Seminary

CITY, STATE: Seminary, MS

STATUS: Undeclared 

# OF OFFERS: 21 offers 

UGA OFFER:  Yes, September 09, 2017

NEWS:

Nathan Pickering is a four-star defensive end from Seminary, Mississippi. He stands at 6-5 270 pounds. According to the latest 247Sports Composite rankings, he ranks as the No. 49 overall player, the No. 4 SDE, and the No. 2 prospect from Mississippi. Pickering currently holds 21 offers with the latest coming from Maryland on April 24. Georgia offered on September 9, 2017. He hasn’t visited Georgia yet, but the Bulldogs made his top ten on April 23. Pickering’s top ten are Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Texas, and USC.

Pickering is one of the finalists selected for the Nike Opening Finals in Texas this summer. It appears he wants to play in the SEC, but only time will tell where this defensive end chooses to play at. According to his 247Sports profile, Mississippi State holds an 86 percent chance of getting him and LSU holds the other 14 percent. However, Dan Lanning and a few of the other coaches were in Mississippi recruiting the state hard. Georgia needs to get this one on campus because he’s one not to overlook.

Highlights –

 

 


share content

Author /

Savannah Leigh is a recent graduate of the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia. She is an avid SEC, Dawgs, and college football fan. She also adores her three-year-old black lab, Champ Bailey.