Tee times for this weekend’s 49th Annual Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic have been pushed back an hour each day due to the weather forecast. Play will begin at 9:30 a.m. instead of 8:30 a.m. as originally announced.
The pairings for Friday’s first round also have been finalized.
All 10 golfers on the Georgia roster will compete on two separate teams. The quartet of Caterina Don, Jenny Bae, Caroline Craig, Jo Hua Hung and Céleste Dao will tee off from hole No. 1 in waves between 9:35-10:15. Bulldogs Candice Mahé, Isabella Holpfer, Gabriela Coello, Alison Crenshaw and Zoë Walker will begin on hole No. 10 between 11:10-11:50 a.m.
The complete pairings for Friday are as follows:
Hole No. 1
9:35-10:15 – Georgia, Southern Cal, South Carolina
10:25-11:05 – LSU, Tennessee, Florida
11:15-11:55 – Arkansas, Louisville, Vanderbilt
Hole No. 10
9:30-10:10 – Charleston, Auburn, Ole Miss
10:20-11:00 – Texas A&M, Alabama, Mississippi State
11:10-11:50 – Georgia, Missouri, Kentucky
Pairings for Saturday and Sunday will be determined the standings following the first and second rounds, respectively.
The tournament field includes eight top-25 teams, led by No. 1 South Carolina. All told, the teams competing in the Liz Murphey feature 28 golfers who have been invited to compete in the 2nd Annual Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship on March 31-April 3, including the Georgia trio of Con, Holpfer and Mahé.
Attendance to this weekend’s tournament will not be limited; however, spectators are asked to adhere to the following guidelines to combat the spread of COVID-19.
• Spectators will be required to keep a safe distance of more than 6 feet from competitors and coaches at all times.
• Spectators will be required to wear masks within all golf course buildings and also around the course when social distancing can not be observed.
• Spectators will be required to wear masks at all times around the tee boxes at holes No. 1 and No. 10 and the greens on holes No. 9 and No. 18.
• The area around the aforementioned tees and greens will be roped off and all spectators will be required to remain on the paved cart paths or beyond in those areas.
• The number of patrons allowed into the clubhouse’s snack bar and restroom facilities will be monitored.