The Georgia women’s tennis team concluded its first day of the SEC Challenge, hosted by Alabama, where the team recorded four doubles wins and seven singles wins against Kentucky.
In doubles, on court one, Katarina Jokic and Ariana Arseneault defeated Akvile Parazinkatte and Elizabeth Stevens 6-3. On court two, Elena Christofi and Morgan Coppoc beat Anastasia Tkachenko and Lesedi Jacobs 6-3 and on-court three the duo of Marta Gonzalez and Meg Kowalski defeated Carlota Molina and Carla Girbau 6-2. Bulldog tandem Ania Hertel and Alee Clayton went up against Salsa Aher and Maialen Morante on court four and swept the duo 6-0.
In singles, Jokic on court one beat Jacobs 6-0, 6-1, Kowalski on court two bested Parazinskatte 6-0, 6-2, and Coppoc on court three beat Stevens 6-3, 6-1. Gonzalez took down Molina 6-3, 6-3, and in her collegiate debut, Arseneault picked up her first singles win of her career, defeating Girbau 6-3, 6-0. Hertel on court seven went up against Tkachenko and beat her 6-4, 6-2. Other returning senior Christofi went three sets and ultimately took down Morante 4-6, 6-3, 7-5. Clayton was defeated by Aher 6-4, 2-6, 1-6.
The Bulldogs will return to action on Saturday, Oct. 10, at 11 a.m. to take on the conjoined team of Mississippi State and Florida.
1. Ariana Arseneault/Katarina Jokic (Georgia) def. Akvile Parazinskatte/Elizabeth Stevens (Kentucky) 6-3
2. Elena Christofi/Morgan Coppoc (Georgia) def. Anastasia Tkachenko/Lesedi Jacobs (Kentucky) 6-3
3. Marta Gonzalez/Meg Kowalski (Georgia) def. Carlota Molina/Carla Girbau (Kentucky) 6-2
4. Ania Hertel/ Alee Clayton (Georgia) def. Salsa Aher/Maialen Morante (Kentucky) 6-0
1. Katarina Jokic (Georgia) def. Lesedi Jacobs (Kentucky) 6-0, 6-1
2. Meg Kowalski (Georgia) def. Akvile Parazinskatte (Kentucky) 6-0, 6-2
3. Morgan Coppoc (Georgia) def. Elizabeth Stevens (Kentucky) 6-3, 6-1
4. Marta Gonzalez (Georgia) def. Carlota Molina (Kentucky) 6-3, 6-3
5. Ariana Arseneault (Georgia) def. Carla Girbau (Kentucky) 6-3, 6-0
6. Elena Christofi (Georgia) def. Maialen Morante (Kentucky) 4-6, 6-3, 7-5
7. Ania Hertel (Georgia) def. Anastasia Tkachenko (Kentucky) 6-4, 6-2
8. Salsa Aher (Kentucky) def. Alee Clayton (Georgia) 6-4, 2-6, 1-6