The Georgia Gymdogs have earned the No. 4 seed for the upcoming 2017 SEC Gymnastics Championship on Saturday in Jacksonville, FL. The meet will be broadcast on the SEC Network.
The 8th-ranked Gymdogs face stiff competition, competing in the evening session against three top ten gymnastics teams in the country which include No. 2 LSU, No. 4 Florida and No. 6 Alabama. The Tigers are seeded as the No. 1 team for the conference championship while the Gators and Crimson Tide are seeded 2nd and 3rd respectively. The evening session of is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m. ET Saturday evening.
Georgia will open the meet on the floor for the first rotation, then move to vault, bars, and beam. This will be the first time that Georgia has competed in the evening session since 2014 SEC Championship when the Gymdogs finished fourth overall.
The afternoon session will include 12th-ranked Kentucky, 14th-ranked Missouri, 21st-ranked Auburn and 26th-ranked Arkansas.
SEC Championship Seeding
Seed. Team; Order of Events (Session)
1. LSU; Vault, Bars, Beam, Floor (II)
2. Florida; Bars, Beam, Floor, Vault (II)
3. Alabama; Beam, Floor, Vault, Bars (II)
4. Georgia; Floor, Vault, Bars, Beam (II)
5. Kentucky; Vault, Bars, Beam, Floor (I)
6. Missouri; Bars, Beam, Floor, Vault (I)
7. Auburn; Beam, Floor, Vault, Bars (I)
8. Arkansas; Floor, Vault, Bars, Beam (I)