Following the successful launch of alcohol sales at Stegeman Coliseum for both men’s and women’s basketball games, Georgia Athletics has announced it will carry over its pilot program to both baseball and softball during the upcoming 2022 campaign.
In compliance with the Southeastern Conference policy on alcohol at athletic events, the University of Georgia Athletics Association will sale a variety of domestic, import, craft and premium beer at designated concession stands inside Foley Field and Jack Turner Stadium. Sales will begin with the season opener at Georgia baseball games, while sales will start later in the season during SEC play for softball contests.
Alcohol will be served with strict attention to our Drinking Responsibly guidelines and fan management protocols.
- Alcoholic beverages are only available to fans aged 21 and above.
- Each transaction requires a valid government-issued ID.
- Identification check is required at all points of sale.
- Enforced limit of two beverages per transaction, per person.
- Sales begin once gates open. Gates open 1-hour before announced start time at each home baseball and softball game.
- Sales end at designated times as determined by the SEC game management policy on alcohol sales. Those times are end of the top of the 7th inning for baseball and the end of the top of the 5th for softball.
- Fans are not permitted to leave the premises with alcoholic beverages.
- All beverages will be served in cups.
- Aramark, the official concessions partner of UGAAA, will manage all operations associated with the sale of alcohol at events.
- Aramark employees will undergo extensive training through an in-house training program. All employees must be certified in an accredited alcohol service program (TEAM or TIPS).
- Each event will have an alcohol compliance supervisor (Aramark standard) on site.
Safety and promoting responsible behavior are of the utmost importance and the top priority with this pilot program. Underage drinking is strictly prohibited, and no sales will be made to visibly intoxicated individuals.