ATHENS, Ga. — Six home non-conference matchups and a 16-game Southeastern Conference slate highlight the University of Georgia Lady Bulldogs’ 2020-21 schedule, head coach Joni Taylor announced on Friday.
Georgia begins the season on Wednesday, Nov. 25, when the team treks to Macon, Ga., to take on Mercer. The Lady Bulldogs stay on the road to play at Georgia Tech on Sunday, Nov. 29 and at East Carolina on Thursday, Dec. 3.
The Lady Bulldogs will spend the remainder of December in Athens, with seven-straight games at Stegeman Coliseum. Following non-conference tilts against Oklahoma (Dec. 6), Jacksonville State (Dec. 9), Radford (Dec. 12), Georgia State (Dec. 17), Furman (Dec. 20) and Appalachian State (Dec. 22), Georgia tips off the SEC schedule on Dec. 31 against Mississippi State.
“We are thrilled to finally announce our full schedule for the upcoming season,” Taylor said. “We know there will be challenges ahead during this pandemic, but our players, our staff and everyone associated with our program have been resilient during this time. It gives us a little sense of normalcy to finally be able to announce a schedule, and I know all of us are excited to get started.”
Georgia’s conference slate features eight home and eight away contests. The Lady Bulldogs will play two games — one home and one away — against Florida, Auburn and Tennessee, and will play all other teams once. All programs have two bye weeks during the conference season, with those coming on Thursday, Jan. 21 and Sunday, Feb. 7.
Times and TV designations for conference games will be announced at a later date. The full schedule can be viewed by following this link: 2020-21 Schedule (Click Here).
Georgia returns four senior starters and its top four scorers off last year’s team. The Lady Bulldogs welcome back nearly 90 percent of their scoring and rebounding from last season to go along with three newcomers — freshmen Sarah Ashlee Barker and Zoesha Smith as well as UConn transfer Mikayla Coombs.
Women’s Basketball Fan Attendance Policy
– Due to social distancing protocols, Stegeman Coliseum will be operating at a reduced capacity of approximately 20% with ticket opportunities in blocks of two or four seats only.
– All seating will be reserved for the 2020-2021 women’s basketball season.
– Tickets will be mobile only for the 2020-2021 season.
– Fans will be required to wear face masks at all times while in Stegeman Coliseum.
– All season ticket requests must be completed by November 18, 2020 in order to receive priority seating.
– Season tickets will remain $40 per seat.
– Fans can complete a ticket application by clicking here. Applications are available exclusively online and no paper applications will be mailed this season.
– Should there be any remaining inventory after season ticket renewals, single game tickets will be available for $5 each and will be sold in blocks of two or four. Visit www.georgiadogs.com/tickets to purchase.