On Tuesday, the media was allowed to view practice for about 7 minutes. Kirby Smart had his team running drills full speed, and we caught position drills today. The weather was a cool 72 degrees.
Here are some notes from practice:
- The offensive line was running a drill where they were working on coming off the ball, and selling the block to the defender. Trey Hill was working with the quarterbacks and running backs.
- Cade Mays was not rotating in at first-string right guard today. He was second, and Ben Cleveland was taking the first-team reps.
- Solomon Kindley was at left guard, Andrew Thomas at left tackle, and Isaiah Wilson at right tackle. Hill would join them later in the period at center.
- The second team was Xavier Truss at left tackle, D’Marcus Hayes at left guard, Warren Ericson at center, Mays at right guard, and Jamaree Salyer at right tackle.
- Justin Shaffer is still missing as he suffered an injury versus South Carolina.
- At first, Hill was snapping the ball to the quarterbacks and they were working on handoffs with the running backs.
- The tight ends were catching running slants and catching the ball thrown by tight ends coach Todd Hartley.
- Once a whistle blew, the running backs went to work by themselves, and the tight ends then were catching passes from the quarterbacks.
- The coaches had the quarterbacks wheeling out and hitting the tight ends on an out route towards the sideline.
- Jake Fromm and Charlie Woerner were first up in the rotation followed by Stetson Bennett and Eli Wolf. I saw Wolf make a great catch thrown by Bennett.
- During the entire media viewing period, the wide receivers were working on drills with coach Cortez Hankton.
- Senior grad transfer Lawrence Cager was not seen at practice today.
- Coach Tray Scott was working with the defensive line having them burst off the ball, running through an obstacle, and then tackle a practice dummy.
- Scott got onto to Tyler Clark because he did not hit with his head up during a rep.
- Tyson Campbell was seen at practice today and was running full speed. Campbell has been battling a turf toe injury and did not play against Kentucky this past Saturday and also missed the South Carolina, Tennessee, and Notre Dame games this season so far.
- Eric Stokes, Tyrique Stevenson, D.J. Daniel and Campbell all rotated on reps in that order.
- Defensive coordinator Dan Lanning was working with the outside linebackers on 3 point stances and then had them exploding off the ball to run around a cone, take a sharp turn, and then spring back towards the sideline.
- Jermaine Johnson displayed his quickness today as he and Azeez Ojulari ran first and second.