It’s the start of Tennessee week for the Georgia Bulldogs, and head coach Kirby Smart had his team running at full speed. On Monday, the media was allowed to view about 7 minutes of practice. The team was practicing in shells in preparation for the Volunteers.
Here are some notes from practice:
Offensive lineman Solomon Kindley (66) was not seen at practice today. Smart told the media earlier in the day that expected Kindley to be practicing, but again the media was only to view about 7 minutes of practice.
“Solomon (Kindley) we expect to be able to go out today and do some work. We think he’s going to be cleared to play but we just don’t know if he’s going to be able to or not. It’s going to depend on how many reps he can get today and tomorrow.” – Kirby Smart remarked during Monday’s Noon-time press conference.
Cornerback Tyson Campbell (3) was missing today. He suffered a foot injury in the second quarter of the Arkansas State game back on September 14th and hasn’t returned to play since. Smart told the media earlier today that he was “recovering quickly” but that he would still be limited in reps.
Cornerback Eric Stokes (27) was back at practice today and looked almost 100 percent. He was wearing a wrap on his knee, though. Stokes went down early in the game against Notre Dame back on September 21st but was able to return later during the second half.
Senior defensive lineman David Marshall (51) was practicing today, and he did not appear to be limited.
Wide receiver Kearis Jackson (10) was practicing today as usual, and he was wearing a new splint on his hand in place of the club we have been seeing him practice with. The new splint didn’t seem to effect his play as he caught all the balls thrown his way. Smart said in his press conference today that he is fully cleared to play.
- The tight ends were working with the linebackers on blocking. TE coach Todd Hartley made it a point to his players to not let the “9 tech” linebacker beat them on their outside shoulder.
- Eli Wolf (17) held off Azeez Olujari (13) during the drill.
- Jamaree Salyer (69) was getting some first-team reps at right tackle, and Justin Shaffer (54) was getting reps at left guard.
- Quarterback Jake Fromm (11) was taking snaps from Trey Hill (55) and was throwing vertical routes to a couple of select receivers.
- The defensive line was getting after it. They were working on their footwork high-stepping over cones, and then exploding into hitting the tackling dummy.
- Eric Stokes (27) and DJ Daniel (14) were working at first-team cornerback today.
- Even with a wrap on his knee, Stokes looked almost 100 percent.
- Tyrique Stevenson (7) was practicing with the second string at left corner during drills today.
- Mark Webb (23) and Divaad Wilson (1) were rotating in and out at the STAR position.