The Georgia women’s tennis team concluded its second of three fall events this season with 24 combined doubles and singles wins over the weekend, including five in Sunday’s contest.
The Bulldogs only played singles against South Carolina, with Katarina Jokic on court one defeating Mia Horvit 6-4, 6-1. Ania Hertel on court 5 made quick work of Corina Spasojevic, beating her 6-0, 6-2. Meg Kowalski on court four took on Silvia Chinellato and bested her 6-1, 4-6, 6-2. Marta Gonzalez on court two went three sets with Megan Davies and downed her 6-2, 2-6, 6-0, while Alee Clayton rounded out the five Bulldog wins with a 6-1, 6-1 victory. Morgan Coppoc and Ariana Arseneault fell to their opponents on courts three and six, respectively. Coppoc was beaten by Emma Shelton 6-4, 6-3 and Arseneault was defeated by Elise Mills 7-6(5), 6-2.
Georgia will return to action on Oct. 23-25 for a home tournament at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex. Fan attendance will be announced at a later date before the event.
1. Katarina Jokic (UGA) def.Mia Horvit (USC) 6-4, 6-1
2. Marta Gonzalez (UGA) def. Megan Davies (USC) 6-2, 2-6, 6-0
3. Emma Shelton (USC) def. Morgan Coppoc (UGA) 6-4, 6-3
4. Meg Kowalski (UGA) def. Silvia Chinellato (USC) 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
5. Ania Hertel (UGA) def. Corina Spasojevic (USC) 6-0, 6-2
6. Elise Mills (USC) def. Ariana Arseneault (UGA)7-6(5), 6-2
7. Alee Clayton (UGA) def. Lindsay Tulenko (USC) 6-1, 6-1